Tonight, I finally got around to doing something that I had been meaning to do. Make my own infused vodka! This is something really simple and you can be the toast of the party when you show up with one of these in hand! 🙂
1) Gather and wash the jars and fruits. I used mason jars and the flavors that I know I will like 🙂
2) Dry the fruit and slice it into pieces.
3) Fill up the jars with vodka and voila!
4) Wait. Expect to wait for 2 weeks. If you need to use it sooner, just open up the jar and taste! 🙂
5) Strain and serve.
If this is a success, I intend to infuse tequila next! 😀 Remember, you are only constrained by what you can imagine in terms of flavors!
* Caveat: I would recommend using a cheaper alcohol to experiment with before splurging on the top shelf stuff.
Enjoy and cheers!